Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sonogram

On Monday Heather had her first doctor's appointment since finding out that she was pregnant. The doctor said everything is normal, and the method that Heather used to find out her due date was spot on. Our baby is due on June 22. We are going to start a pool to see who can guess the due date. She said (the doctor that is) that it could be born anywhere from June 15 to July 4. What's your guess?

My birthday is May 20 and Heather's is June 9, which is exactly 20 days apart from one another. I am guessing that there will be symmetry in our family and that the baby will be born 20 days after Heather's birthday, so my guess is June 29.

The greatest part for me about the doctor's visit (besides finding out that everyone was healthy) was seeing the sonogram. The sonogram represents the first time I ever saw my child. (Tell me that's not cool!) And at first it was partly disappointing because I couldn't figure out what I was looking at. But then they zoomed in, and the detail on my child is amazing. He/she has arms and legs and a spine.... and man its really cool!

So Heather is officially 10 weeks pregnant and we won't find out until the beginning of February whether or not we have Ethan or Ava, but as soon as we know, our blog family will know. So now without further ado, our child...


3 comments:

Christi said...

Congratulations on a clean bill of health... your little peanut is cute!!! ;-)

john doe said...

i say it's a boy,born on june 20. the baby must be very healthy. the more you puke the better they are. i'm so happy for you both. love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I say boy . . . June 19th . . .

~Tara