Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Heather's First Posting

Hey everyone, it's been 2 weeks since we found out we are pregnant. It has been exciting and exhausting. I have read that you get tired in your first trimester of pregnancy, but I never dreamed I would be this tired. I have taken more naps than I ever have in my life. I have been going to bed as early as 7:30, and as late as 9:00 o'clock.

So far my only cravings (which I'm not sure are truly cravings) have been for steak and buffalo chicken salad from Beefs, oh yeah and of course marble slabs chocolate ice cream with brownies mixed in. My "morning" sickness has kicked in and it has not been fun. There is no relief...despite all that the "experts" say to try. It is ok though because that means that the baby is still growing and hopefully doing well. So that helps me through it.

My belly has grown a tiny bit. Instead of the nice six pack I had before (JUST KIDDING) I now have a tiny pouch. I am actually excited when it grows and I wish that it would grow faster. I'm sure I will change my mind when I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. :)

Being pregnant has changed me the most in my view of things. I have a TOTALLY different outlook on God, and how amazing He is. That He put this tiny "seed" in me....a LIVE human being. It just blows my mind to think that this gift is from Him and that He entrusted me with His blessing.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying and supportive this whole time!!!! You have been a blessing!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

SO excited for you both! It is wild how many friends are becoming Mamas. We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy for all three of you. :)

Jenny Cordero said...

Heather, I am so excited for you guys! Enjoy every moment of it...even when you feel terrible from the morning sickness. Soon that will just be a memory. I hope we can still get together sometime soon little mama!!